Solotel Group to reopen 14 pubs, bars and restaurants from 1 June
26 May 2020
The Solotel Group announced today that 14 venues will be reopening from Monday 1 June to guests. The news follows the NSW Government announcement last Friday which eased COVID-19 restrictions and allowed for pubs, bars and restaurants to open with a maximum capacity of 50 persons from Monday 1 June.
The venues which will open from Monday are listed below:
• The Marlborough Hotel (Newtown)
• The Regent Hotel (Kingsford)
• The Sackville Hotel (Rozelle)
• The Clock Hotel (Surry Hills)
• The Bank Hotel (Newtown)
• The Cafe at the Art Gallery of NSW (The Domain, Sydney)
• The Golden Sheaf Hotel (Double Bay)
• The Albion Hotel (Parramatta)
• The Bridgeview Hotel (Willoughby)
• Public House Petersham (Petersham)
• The Courthouse Hotel (Newtown)
• The Erko (Erskineville)
• North Bondi Fish (North Bondi)
• Chiswick Restaurant (Woollahra)
Solotel Group confirmed that all venues will follow all state government requirements in practicing COVID-19 safety procedures and asked that social distancing is respected at all times in the instance there is a queue or groups of people.
Justine Baker, Solotel Group CEO expressed her enthusiasm at being able to open some venues."We’re thrilled to be reopening some of our venues and welcoming back our staff following the successful launch of our take away offerings at Public House Petersham, North Bondi Fish and Chiswick. It’s been a challenging couple of months for everyone and I’m so happy that we can open our doors to the communities we love. At the same time, we acknowledge this is a small step in our rebuild which we believe will take some time and are looking forward to being able to reopen more of our venues when further restrictions ease”.
Matt Moran, co-owner of North Bondi Fish and Chiswick Restaurant expressed his excitement. “I’m so glad we’re able to open our doors to our guests”, says Matt Moran. “It’s been great to have launched takeaway at Chiswick and North Bondi Fish and now to be able to serve 50 guests at each venue is fantastic”.